Private Pilot Licence PPL
Lets you fly aircraft for recreational and private use
- Be at least 17 years of age.
- Hold a current Medical Certificate.
- Pass an examination in six subjects.
- Pass a Flight Test which will include all normal and emergency flight manoeuvres.
This will also include a test on your ability to comply with Air Traffic Services practices and procedures. . A Restricted Private Pilot Licence is available in which some of the requirements regarding hours are waived. However you are restricted to flights carrying passengers within a radius of 25 nautical miles of the aerodrome of departure.
You will require a Class 2 Medical Certificate from a Civil Aviation approved doctor
- Principles of Flight
- Human Factors
- Aviation Law
- Flight Radio Telephone Operator (FRTO)
Aerohire specialises in running these Ground Theory courses and you need to sit the exams under the supervision of a Civil Aviation approved Examiner
To be eligible for your Flight Test you are required to complete at least
50 hours total flight time of which …
- 15 hours must be dual instruction
- 15 hours must be solo flight time
- 5 hours must be instrument flight time (2 may be in our Approved Flight Simulator)
- 10 hours cross-country navigation training.
Most students achieve their First Solo between 10 and 15 hrs of flying
Aerohire operates a Cessna 152 for all PPL training